AESDSU alleges negligence of Home Dept in nabbing murderers of late Ojing Taying

AESDSU alleges negligence of Home Dept in nabbing murderers of late Ojing Taying


PASIGHAT, Jun 5: The All East Siang District Students’ Union (AESDSU) with the support of all its federal wings, Boring Olung Welfare Society Youth Wing, well-wishers and aggrieved parents held a peaceful sit-in here at Gandhi Chowk demanding justice for late Ojing Taying who was brutally murdered by some miscreants at Itanagar last year.

Reiterating their demands, AESDSU general secretary Tonong Darang and convener cum chairman of Justice Demand Committee Yon Taki said that state police has miserably failed to solve the case despite passing of a complete year. “It is a sheer negligence of Home Department and now our trust in the police has become hopeless, so we demand CBI investigation into the case”, said Darang and Taki.

“During our last press conference at Itanagar, we had clearly placed our demand before the investigating agency and the government, but till today we are not seeing the case progressing,” the union said.

Otem Doke, a former AAPSU leader and Kaling Eko, AAPSU joint secretary, East Siang said that “capital police is only good in arresting prostitutes and bike lifters, but they never crack any serious case of murder like that of late Ojing Taying and many others which are still pending.”

Parents of late Ojing Taying appealed the State Govt to hand over the case to the premier probe agency, CBI. While narrating the ordeals they had been passing through in appealing and writing to the authorities to speed up the investigation, father of late Ojing Taying, Jiten Taying said that the investigating agencies are not doing much; even the I/O was on leave and involved in a kind of playing delaying tactics. Mother of late Taying broke down before speaking and she simply wants justice for her son who was brutally killed by some miscreants.

In the intervening night of 9th and 10th June, 2017 Ojing and two of his friends were attacked by unidentified persons and then the seriously injured Ojing was rushed to a hospital in Guwahati where he succumbed to his injuries on 19th June.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *